STSTCS and STRPG at JT-SW.com
As mentioned on a couple of related Facebook groups, I'll be building
two three web
apps for the Star Trek STSTCS/RPG realm. Below is the (short) list of
apps and the intended project "specifications" that have come to mind as I've
been working through the intial (up-to-now) mental planning for them.
This is just a basic web page (for now) to start getting my thoughts on paper, as it were, for everyone to see. If you have any comments or feedback, please e-mail me at "jtroan at jt-sw dot com" and put "STSTCS" at the beginning of the subject so that it stands out in my inbox.
-- John Troan
Quick Links for files until I get a full "Downloads" section built out
I haven't decided on just how much to include, but certainly copies of all of the FASA books that I can find and consolidate from around the web.
Ship Construction Generator and Class/Vessel Registry
The Work-in-Progress web app is now available for public viewing and perusal. The Start Here page within the app will be updated as I make progress on building it.
Based on FASA's original Ship Construction Manual, this will handle all of the component choices, minimum (mainly computer) requirements, and those pesky calculations.
Other Planned Features:
- Eventually, a full class registry created from the same construction tables
- Eventually, a vessel registry ... tbd if Federation only or will cover other political affiliations
- Optional self-imposed requirement to select from the same era (ENT/TOS/TNG)
- Cost and availability tracking for each component used (for the scenarios where characters need to acquire the components)
- Optional self-allowed ability "to go Pakled" and mix technologies from any/all of the political affiliations -- Federation computer core and engines, but Romulan shielding and Klingon weapons.
- Optional save of the design into the catalog, along with optional user-entered notations for who saved it and where it originally came from. (To have the saving user pre-populated, I'll need to set up ID/PW authentication.)
- Phase Planning
FASA Second Edition components only, but all "Other Planned Features" above included (except the vessel registry) -- and I ended up doing a bulk import of ALL the components from fasaststcs.com (and cleaned up the tables), plus a few of my own from the 1990s.
- Posting of combat rules (basic and advanced) -- the rules of the game
- Partial build-out of class catalog to support the ship registry
- Added support for class-specfic Master Control Panels and Damage Control Displays
- Additional political affiliations' components added
- Added support for class narratives and images (including the small black & white images for the MCPs/DCDs)
- Complete build-out of class catalog, including everything I've found on-line in my various print sources
Based on FASA's original Role Playing Game, this will handle character generation for TOS and (eventually) TNG eras. I'll have to look into ENT era possibilities later. I've got printed material to support characters from most of the common home worlds and political affiliations -- plus Starfleet Intelligence and independent merchants/traders. (Yeah, I did accumulated a lot of source material. ;-) )
- There are no current plans to have a catalog of characters. If there is enough desire, it can be added. (As I start into this module, I'll poll the couple of Facebooks groups I'm a member of to gauge interest.)
- Phase Planning
- TOS - Core Federation home worlds only from the box set, just to get things started
- TOS - Klingons and Romulans
- TOS - ST IV update material
- TOS - Starfleet Intelligence
- TOS - Merchants and Traders
- TNG - includes the season one update
--Updated June 19, 2020